Mrs FJohnson Mr French Mrs McComb Ms Smith Mrs Piearcey Mrs Brook Mrs Chapman Mrs Hudson
Meet our school Governors
Chair of Governors : Mrs. A. Foxley Johnson
Vice Chair of Governors : Mrs. S. Hudson / Mrs. K. Piearcey
Clerk to Governors : Miss. C. Wardle
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR OF THE GOVERNING BOARD
On behalf of the governing board of Anston Park Junior School I would like to welcome you to the Governance section of the website.
You may be wondering what exactly a governing board does:
- Firstly, all members of the governing board are volunteers; none of us are paid for undertaking this role.
- Secondly, our main role is to work with the head teacher and other members of the senior leadership team to ensure that all pupils receive the best education possible.
We do this by fulfilling three core functions:
- Setting the vision, ethos, and strategic direction of the school.
- Holding the head teacher to account for the educational performance of pupils in the school and the performance management of staff.
- Ensuring that the school budget is effectively managed and well spent.
The governing board does not get involved with day-to-day decision making; that is rightly the role of the head teacher, but we meet regularly throughout the year to ensure that the school has the right policies and priorities for development in place and that these are having a positive impact on the education of your children. If not, we ask questions why, and try to find solutions to any obstacles or barriers that might exist.
These are challenging roles, but each governor brings a range of different knowledge, skills, and experiences to help us to fulfil these roles effectively.
I really believe that the governing board can make a difference to the lives of children and young people within the school. I have been a member of Anston Park Governing Board since 2016, a role I thoroughly enjoy. We are always looking for new members who can volunteer some time to fulfil this key role, so if you are interested and want to know more about the role, please contact me via the school.
I can assure you that we will be doing our best to ensure that your children achieve the best that they are capable of in a happy and supportive environment.
Chair of Anston Park Junior School GB
Register of Business Interests of Governors
2019 - 2020