Mrs FJohnson Mr French Mrs McComb Ms Smith Mrs Piearcey Mrs Brook Mrs Chapman Mrs Hudson
Meet our school Governors
Chair of Governors : Mrs. S. Hudson
Vice Chair of Governors : Mrs. A. McComb
Clerk to Governors : Miss. C. Wardle
The Governing Body at Anston Park Junior School are actively involved in school life and meet at regular points throughout the year to discuss various aspects of school. They help the school and children to reach their true potential and enable us to offer our children the best possible learning opportunities and experiences that we can to help the children succeed.
Throughout the school year, they work with our staff to monitor different aspects of school life including the quality of teaching and learning, leadership and management, behaviour and safety and achievement. They have a sound understanding of what makes a school outstanding and work with us to both challenge and support us in achieving excellence.
The governing body of our school is responsible for:
- Ensuring that pupils receive high quality education and that the conduct of the school reflects this aim
- Considering and agreeing the aims and policies of the school
- Discussing and approving the targets for improvement
- Working with the head teacher to appoint staff, alongside the management team, acting as a critical friend,
- Setting and monitoring the budget
- Monitoring the performance of the school
- Reporting to the parents and community on how we have accomplished our tasks
What are the good bits about being a parent governor?
- You have a very privileged and responsible role to help shape the future of the school as part of the team of governors.
- You have the opportunity to make a difference to the outcomes of all the children in the school for years to come.
- You have the opportunity to make a difference for other parents, and to influence the way in which school works with them.
- You will learn a lot and develop new skills.
- You will meet new people and develop working relationships with staff, parents, governors and the wider school community.
If you feel you would like to contribute to the governing body, please call into the school office as we are currently looking to recruit more governors.
Register of Business Interests of Governors
2019 - 2020